Last updated: May 14, 2020
What does this policy cover?
This statement describes Distribution Management Company, Inc. d/b/a FlowTrac (“FlowTrac”) and its affiliates’ use of your data. References in this policy to FlowTrac, we, our or us shall mean Distribution Management Company, Inc. d/b/a FlowTrac.
Please note that when you enter any subsites accessible through www.flowtrac.com, such subsites may have their own specific privacy
What information do we collect?
Information You provide.
While FlowTrac does not generally require that you provide us with personal data in order to visit and use FlowTrac Websites, please note that in order to participate in some uses, certain information that could reasonably be used to contact you or to identify you personally (such as first and last name, e-mail address, mailing address and telephone number) may be provided to FlowTrac.
Therefore, the information that we process as provided by you may include:
your name; your address, e-mail address and phone number;
a password you create for use to access the software.
Information We Collect Automatically.
In addition to any personal data or other information that you choose to provide to us via the FlowTrac Websites, whenever you visit or interact with the FlowTrac Websites, FlowTrac automatically collects certain information such as your IP address and/or another unique identifier (“Device Identifier”) for the computer, mobile device, technology or other device (“Device”) you use to access the FlowTrac Websites and any referring website. (A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device when you access a website or its servers. Our computers identify your Device by its Device Identifier.) Some mobile service providers may also provide us or our third-party service providers with information regarding the physical location of the Device used to access the FlowTrac Websites.
In addition, FlowTrac, as well as certain third-party analytics and other service providers, may use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect information about how you use the FlowTrac Websites (“Usage Information”). Usage Information may include, in part, browser type, operating system, the page served, the time at which a page was accessed and/or the time spent on a page, and the preceding page views.
Therefore, the information that we may automatically collect from you and process may include:
- Your IP address or another unique identifier, such as a Device Identifier
- Information related to your Device such as the platform, operating system, browser type, or physical location
- Your Usage Information such as the content served, the time at which the content was accessed and/or the time spent using the content, and the preceding content views
How do we use this information, and what is the legal basis for this use?
We process this personal data for the following purposes:
- As required for business purposes or to establish and fulfill a contract with you, for example fulfilling an online software purchase or product registration. This may include verifying your identity, communicating with you and providing services relevant to our business, including providing customer services and arranging the delivery or other provision of products or services.
- As required by FlowTracto enable our business and pursue our legitimate interests, in particular:
- we will use your information to provide services you have requested, and respond to any comments or complaints you may send us;
- we monitor use of theFlowTrac Websites, and may use your information to help us monitor, improve and protect our content, services and FlowTrac Websites, both online and offline;
- we may use information you provide to tailor your experience on our FlowTrac Websites or personalize our services for you;
- we will use your information to provide you with support and answer questions or other requests;
- we may monitor any customer account to prevent, investigate and/or report fraud, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime, in accordance with applicable law;
- we may use information you provide to investigate any complaints received from you or from others, about theFlowTracWebsites or our products or services;
- we may use your information to invite you to take part in market research or surveys;
- we may also use the information we collect to improve the FlowTrac Websites and our content and services, for internal business purposes, and to contact you with regard to your use of theFlowTrac Websites and, in our discretion, changes to any of our policies.
- For compliance with applicable laws and protection of FlowTrac’s legitimate business interests and legal rights, including, but not limited to, use in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory, and investigative purposes (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation).
Who will we share this data with, and where?
FlowTrac may share the personal data we collect from you to other FlowTrac affiliated entities (“Affiliates”).
To Third-Party Service Providers Providing Services on FlowTrac’s Behalf
We may from time to time employ third-parties to perform functions on our behalf, and thus, we may also share your personal data with third-party service providers that assist us with providing content, fulfilling your requests, improving our content, services or advertising, or otherwise performing services for us. Example: if you access content or services that are published, developed or supported by an Affiliate or third-party, your personal data may be shared with that Affiliate or third-party for purposes related to that content or those services, including service administration and/or development.
Additionally, we may share your information in order to host or operate the FlowTrac Website, for data analysis or other purposes.
When You Consent to Have Your Personal Data Shared or Otherwise Request That We Share Your Information
We may offer you the opportunity to consent to the sharing of your information with third-parties, for example so you are able to receive information and/or marketing offers from third parties. Additionally, you may request, sometimes through your use of an interactive feature or third- party application, that we share personal data about you with a third-party, and we will typically do so in those circumstances. If you consent or request to receive communications from third-parties, you will need to communicate with them directly if you later decide that you no longer wish to receive their communications.
We may share your personal data with Affiliates for internal reasons, primarily for business and operational purposes, including any corporate reorganization, restructuring or other corporate change. In addition,FlowTracor any of its assets, including the FlowTracWebsites may be sold, or other transactions may occur in which your personal data is one of the key business assets in the transaction. In such a case, your personal data may be one of the business assets we transfer. Hence, FlowTrac reserves the right to disclose and transfer user information, including personal data, in connection with any activity and/or transaction described above.
Legal Protections and Law Enforcement
We may transfer and disclose information, including your personal data, (including Usage Information and Device Identifier (including IP address)), to third-parties: (i) to comply with legal obligations; (ii) when we believe in good faith that the law requires it; (iii) at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation; (iv) to verify or enforce our terms of service or other applicable policies; (v) to respond to an emergency; or (vi) to otherwise protect the rights, property, safety or security of third-parties, visitors to the FlowTracWebsites or the public. We may also use Device Identifiers to identify users, and may do so in cooperation with copyright owners, internet service providers, wireless service providers or law enforcement agencies, in our discretion. Such disclosures may be carried out without notice to you.
Cookies & Other Tracking Technologies
“Do Not Track” Signals. Note that your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to websites and online services you visit. There is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. Like many websites and online services, FlowTrac currently does not alter its practices when it receives a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” you may wish to visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
In addition, note that third parties may collect personal data about your online activities over time and across different websites when you visit the FlowTracWebsites or other online websites and services.
Social Media Applications
You may choose to participate in a third-party application or feature (such as one of our Facebook sites or a similar application or feature on a third-party property) through which you allow us to collect and share (or the third-party to share) information about you, including personal data. The third-party may allow you to remove the application or feature, in which case we will no longer collect information about you through the application or feature, but we may retain the information previously collected. In addition, we may receive information about you if other users of a third-party website give us access to their profiles and you are one of their “connections,” or if information about you is otherwise accessible through your “connections” web page, profile page, or similar page on a social networking or other third-party website or interactive service.
FlowTrac uses commercially reasonable safeguards to help protect and secure your personal data, and we use reasonable efforts to obtain the agreement of our Affiliates and third-party service providers to take steps to protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of personal data we share with them. However, no electronic data transmission or storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% private and secure. Please be careful to avoid ‘phishing’ schemes, where someone may send you an e-mail that looks like it is from FlowTrac asking for your personal data. You understand that any message or information you send to FlowTracWebsite may be read or intercepted by others. FlowTrac does not ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you use the FlowTrac Websites and provide us with your information at your own risk.
Or you may write to us at:Distribution Management Company, Inc. d/b/a Flowtrac P.O. Box 93416 Southlake, TX. 76092